CNSNews.com

The White House has joined the Justice Department and State Department in stating that it has no information on arrests, prosecutions or convictions related to the murder or execution cases of 128 American citizens in Mexico from 2005 to 2007.

At a press briefing at the White House on Friday, Press Secretary Dana Perino told Cybercast News Service that President Bush may or may not know about the travel alert issued in April by the State Department, which warned travelers that violence ?equivalent to military small-unit combat? was taking place along the southern U.S. border with Mexico.

?I?m not sure if he does (know about the alert) or not,? Perino said. ?Obviously, State Department travel alerts come out quite often and I don?t think he?s alerted to every single one of them.?

The alert, issued Apr. 15 and still listed as valid as of today, also says, ?Dozens of U.S. citizens were kidnapped and/or murdered in Tijuana in 2007? and that ?in some cases, assailants have worn full or partial police or military uniforms and have used vehicles that resemble police vehicles.? (Read the travel alert.)

Cybercast News Service e-mailed a follow-up question to the White House press office on Friday asking if the president had assigned anyone in his administration to the task of making sure that justice is being served in the cases of Americans murdered in Mexico and, if so, what specifically had that person done to that end.

As of press time Monday, the White House had not responded to several requests for an answer. But the White House did join the Department of Justice (DOJ) in referring Cybercast News Service to the attorney general of Mexico for information on the status of the 128 murder and execution cases.

A call to the U.S. Embassy in Mexico also resulted in a referral to the Mexico Attorney General?s office.

An e-mail and several phone calls to Fernando Castillo, public affairs officer for the Mexican attorney general, have not been returned. An embassy employee who identified herself as someone who works with the international press, told Cybercast News Service that the attorney general?s office would only deal with federal crimes and that other criminal cases would come under the jurisdiction of the city or state where the alleged crime took place.

Cybercast New Service?s question at a State Department press briefing on May 20 was answered with a link posted on its website of its report on non-natural deaths in Mexico from January 2005 to December 2007. An analysis of the report revealed that128 American citizens had been murdered or executed in Mexico over that time period. (Read the report.)

The report indicated that 667 Americans had been killed in Mexico by non-natural causes during the three years covered. An analysis showed that 128 of those deaths were listed as either ?homicides? (126) or ?executions? (2) and that a majority of those murders (68) had taken place in Mexican cities immediately on the U.S.-Mexico border. Another 12 Americans, the report indicated, were murdered in other locations in Mexican states bordering the United States.

2 Responses to “White House: No Further Data on Americans Killed in Mexico”
  1. jo says:

    this can’t be true, because it has never been on the news aka msm. “our gov’t” would never allow it’s citizens to be murdered or abused in a foreign country……………..oops,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,excuse me, i was dreaming. i live in a country that allows citizens of other countries to come here and kill american citizens everyday, so of course it is acceptable if americans are killed on foreign soil as long as it happens in the country of “our friend”.

    gov’t policy is “see on evil, hear no evil, say no evil” . JUST BE EVIL!

  2. George says:

    You have that right Jo.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment. Login »